Where: Palm Court, Gateway Theatre of Shopping
To make the most of the long summer evenings, Gateway is bringing some of Durban’s best live artists on stage in the Palm Court for 6pm sessions. Going live from December 16, until December 30, with a short break from 23-24 December, the line-up ranges from hot Latin, to cool jazz, sexy swing and sax and modern acoustic.
“Live music in the Palm Court creates such a wonderful outdoor, summer holiday vibe,” says Gateway Theatre of Shopping Campaign Manager, Ayesha Sewbaran. “We’ve sought out some of
Durban’s best who we know will be the soundtrack to a great evening out. “
First up is Anthony Patrick on the sax with his sultry Latin dance vibes. Durban duo Veranda Panda will be bringing their original EDM and violin mix to the stage. Watch the sun go down to the popular acoustic jazz swing quartet, Beat Route. Enjoy a long lazy dinner while the kids play outside to the smooth sounds of the versatile, ‘human jukebox,’ Pablo de Barros. Talented music producer, Tim Lewis and Bevin will be playing their mix of saxy jazz. Skilled and original, it’s a privilege to welcome the high-profile acoustic duo, The Kickstands, to perform live.
There’s no entrance fee, each evening’s set lasts three hours and will only go ahead if the weather permits. (See detailed line-up below.)
• 16th December 6pm – Anthony Patrick (Latin Vibes)
• 17th December 6pm – Veranda Panda
• 18th December 6pm – Beat Route
• 19th December 6pm – Tim Lewis & Bevin (Jazz)
• 20th December 6pm – Beat Route
• 21st December 6pm – Veranda Panda
• 22nd December 6pm – Paulo de Barros
• 26th December 6pm – Anthony Patrick (Latin Vibes)
• 27th December 6pm – Kickstands
• 28th December 6pm – Tim Lewis & Bevin (Jazz)
• 29th December 6pm – Paulo de Barros
• 30th December 6pm – Kickstands
NB: Dates and times are weather permitting.