This exciting development, which is proudly supported by Gateway Theatre of Shopping, comes in the wake of the major talent search for aspirant young South African performers that was launched online last season by acclaimed actress, singer and musical theatre coach, Lisa Bobbert.
Following the success of Bobbert’s brainchild project, drawing more than 450 entries across South Africa, and even from the UK, Starz at Home became a household brand. It was judged by six of South Africa’s foremost entertainment personalities.
Now Bobbert and her team are delighted to welcome the Umhlanga-based retail giant, Gateway, on board as the Platinum Sponsor of the new season. This promises to be even bigger and better than its forerunner. In addition to the range of prizes previously up for grabs, as detailed below. Gateway is set to give away a weekly prize to a weekly winner chosen in the newly introduced Gateway Golden Buzzer category.
- Week of 4-10 Sep – the weekly winner stands to walk away with a R500 Gateway Theatre of Shopping Gift Card + 2 3D Ster Kinekor movie vouchers
- Week of 11-17 Sep – the weekly winner stands to walk away with a R500 Gateway Theatre of Shopping Gift Card + R250 Calisto’s meal voucher
- Week of 18-24 Sep – the weekly winner stands to walk away with a R500 Gateway Theatre of Shopping Gift Card + R250 RAIN voucher
- Week of 25-30 Sep – the weekly winner stands to walk away a R500 Gateway Theatre of Shopping Gift Card + R250 Sheet Street voucher
The latter will be awarded to upcoming stars of their choice, all of whom will be go straight to the finals. They will be judged in a special category, and will stand to win the overall Gateway Golden Buzzer Award.
As previously, Starz at Home offers entertainers between the ages of five and 19 the chance to break out of lockdown and Shine Online!
Says Bobbert: “Qualities the judges and I are looking for include:
- Something Special,
- The ability to radiate a love for performing, and
- A certain Zaniness – everyone loves something different!
- Moms and Dads are invited to get involved too in the ‘Family Section’”.
HOW IT WORKS
1. Enter online line at www.webtickets.co.za – registration is R50 per solo category (5yrs to 19yrs) and R100 for a family (2 or more people in an item – no age restriction). There are three age categories: 5 – 9 years; 10 – 14 years; and 15 – 19 years.
- Musical Variety
2. Once you have registered and made payment, go to your “MY TICKETS’’ tab where you will find your barcoded ticket/s – the barcode number will be your entry number – each item entered will have its own unique number.
3. Film a 90-second video –
*Start by introducing yourself followed by your performance.*
4. Join the “Starz At Home’’ Facebook Group and upload your video. In the comments section write your name, age, province and ticket number (barcode number).
5. Once your video is uploaded – send and share to all your friends – there is a Fan Favourite prize for the video with the most likes and shares.
6. Deadline for entries and uploads is the 30 September and winners will be announced on Thursday 15 October!
7. If you have any problems or need to query anything please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Loads of prizes are up for grabs including:
* Best overall Performance*
* Category Winners*
* Fan favourite – the video that gets the most likes and shares*
* Triple Treat – Contestant who shines in three or more categories*
So let’s keep the talent rolling!